Quantum League Book 1: Spell Robbers

quantum_league

>>> Update:Β I get a LOT of email and blog comments asking when the second book in the series will be out. I wish I had a definitive answer. I can tell you I’ve written the second book, and my publisher has it, but it’s up to them when it comes out. The best thing to do is to tell your local bookseller you’re ready for it and you want it. <<<

A “high-energy spy story.” – Kirkus

“Kirby infuses this action-packed spy thriller with layers of moral ambiguity… This first book in the Quantum League series provides satisfying partial closure, while intriguing storylines to be developed will leave readers eager for the next installment.” – Publishers Weekly

Synopsis:

After Ben Warner is recruited to join a “science camp” led by the eccentric quantum physicist Dr. Madeleine Hughes, he quickly realizes it’s no regular science camp. Along with his new friend, Peter, Ben discovers the secret, powerful art of Actuation–the ability to change reality by simply imagining it differently.

When a mysterious group of men invade Dr. Hughes’s laboratory, abducting her and stealing her precious equipment, Ben and Peter are suddenly caught up in a turf war between dangerous actuators desperate for Dr. Hughes’s innovative technology. And as Ben and Peter are pulled into a perilous, hidden world full of impossibilities now made possible, will their combined powers be enough to save Dr. Hughes and vanquish their enemies before it’s too late?

From Edgar Award-winning author Matthew J. Kirby comes a fast-paced, boldly imagined tale of friendship, deadly adventure, and the infinite power of imagination.

An totally awesome fan-made book trailer:

Leave one

444 Responses

1. Joshua

/  May 25, 2014

Where is the 2nd book?

• Fantastic blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers? I’m hoping to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m completely confused .. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Joshua

/  May 25, 2014

Where is the 2nd book? I liked the 1st one.

3. David

/  May 27, 2014

When is the second book coming out? The first book was very interesting and I am eager to read the second book.

4. chase

/  May 28, 2014

it rockd

5. mike

/  May 29, 2014

We need a second book

6. Jackson

/  May 29, 2014

I liked the first book ALOT and I am really excited about book 2. Will Ben ever get his mom back? And will Sasha ever find her parents or will Ben find out about her detachment?

7. Clay

/  June 3, 2014

What are the names for Book 2 and 3?

8. I need to read th second

9. Matthews Cornejo Villanueva

/  June 8, 2014

I have got a homework about you and I would like to make you a few questions that do not appear in your biography:
    What day were you born?
    What are the names of your parents?
    What is your full name?

10. christian

/  June 11, 2014

When is the second book coming out? My fav. part in the first book was when Ben Actuated a Level Three.

11. Daniel Evan Polonia

/  June 17, 2014

OMG this book is amazing I can’t wait for the 2nd one

12. Julia

/  June 18, 2014

When is the 2 book coming out? I couldn’t stop reading Spell Robbers! What happens to Ben?

13. Julia

/  June 18, 2014

I loved the first book! I couldn’t stop reading it! When is the second book coming out?

/  July 23, 2014

I’m not sure when the second book will be out, but I’m so glad you liked it!

14. Johnny

/  June 24, 2014

I read the first book in a few hours and i couldn’t stop. When is the next book coming out?

15. Johnny

/  June 24, 2014

It was a great read.

16. Peter

/  June 26, 2014

Hi Matthew! I hope I can come to the king book store. I wish u luck on your celebration :3 . By the way I loved book one. I hope Ben gets his mom back. Its really sad. I wish I could one day be Matthew junior. lol!

17. ilyayamro

/  August 4, 2014

what will the next book be like i am only 11 and i love it can you give us hints. i am so excited!

/  August 8, 2014

I don’t want to give away spoilers, but the next book takes Ben and Peter on their own individual journeys, Peter in the Quantum League, and Ben outside it. πŸ˜‰

18. Evan

/  August 5, 2014

Spell Robbers was one of the best books I have ever read (in an hour). The second and third (and hopefully fourth) books can’t come out soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!! FIVE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ™‚ P.S.I’ll get you, Ronin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.P.S. I am 8 years old. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Sora killer

/  August 10, 2014

I really loved the first book. If it has the first book where’s the second? And still wouldn’t they put it on the internet if a new book was coming?

/  August 10, 2014

I’m glad you liked it! The second book isn’t quite finished yet. When it’s ready to be released, I’ll announce it, and then you’ll find out all about it on the internet. πŸ™‚

20. Stevie

/  August 20, 2014

Ok Matthew you are one of the greatest authors ever. This book is one of the best books I’ve ever read…It took me 3 days and 2 hours to finish reading this book and every second of this book i enjoyed. I was devastated when i saw that i only had 2 pages left to read. and recently I’ve been looking for the second part to the book and couldn’t quite find it but after reading the comments above I’ve noticed that you said you haven’t created it yet so I’m looking forward to seeing what it will be like. Keep it up. I’ll say it again your an Amazing Author πŸ™‚

/  October 2, 2014

Thank you so much! I hope to continue the series, for sure. It has some really stuff ahead.

21. leonardo

/  August 20, 2014

oh please relase it soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the first book was awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait for the second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way you are a great Author!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. is there any where to read i t online for free i read the sample it is really good

/  October 2, 2014

There is an ebook, but it’s not up anywhere for free, I’m afraid. You could try requesting it at your library, for sure. Glad you liked the sampled.

23. Aidan

/  August 28, 2014

I’m a 7th grader and I love this book so much. I can’t wait for the second one!????

24. Aidan

/  August 28, 2014

I love Jason Chans artwork. League of legends is one of my favorite games.

25. mihail

/  September 3, 2014

is there a class 4 and you are the best #1 ps my name sounds wird because I am from a difrent country

/  October 2, 2014

Yes, there is. And you just might get to see one sometime. πŸ˜‰

26. Ryan McCormick

/  September 11, 2014

It was awesome! I can’t wait for the 2nd book πŸ˜€

27. Xm11

/  September 25, 2014

I NEED A SEQUALE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please

/  October 2, 2014

I appreciate your enthusiasm! Let your bookstore know you want the sequel! And tell your friends about the series!

28. Xm11

/  September 25, 2014

Ok Mathew I loved the first book but do you have any exact dates cause that would be helpful.

29. Trenton

/  September 30, 2014

When will the second book come out ? I have been waiting for a while for a answer … Please at least give a educated guess when it will ! Thanks a lot Matthew:-)

/  October 2, 2014

I wish I had an educated guess for you! I’ve finished a draft, and my publisher has it. The best way to move it along is to tell your bookstore you want it, and tell your friends about the series!

30. Xwolf777

/  October 3, 2014

I loved the first book I am going to read it again and hope for the second book to come out plz plz hurry up ????????????

31. Allen

/  October 12, 2014

You are the best author ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When is the second book coming out???PLEASE TELL me.

/  November 3, 2014

I wish I could tell you! But I do have a new book called THE ARCTIC CODE coming out next April, which is the first book in a new series. I hope that will hold you over until the next QUANTUM LEAGUE comes out! πŸ˜‰

32. jeff

/  November 5, 2014

I want a 2nd book I love the first one

33. Suha

/  November 9, 2014

Hi I really liked the first book on quantum league………well I’m still reading it but so far it is good.i love you’re books so can you text me the artic code and the 2nd book comes out thanks:) also is there going to be a 2nd book of the artic code? You’re my fav author in history!!!!!!!!!!!! From one of you’re best lovers to your books

/  November 13, 2014

Thank you!! The Arctic Code will come out April 28th, and it will be the first in a trilogy! I hope you enjoy it!

34. Rahul

/  November 10, 2014

I love this book.When is the second book coming out?????!!!!!!

/  November 13, 2014

Thank you! I’m not sure yet, but let your bookstore know you want it! πŸ™‚

• piper

/  February 19, 2015

first book is great πŸ™‚ Read it right when it came out so i have been waiting for a new book! I will definitely look at the arctic code πŸ™‚

35. Kato

/  November 13, 2014

Thanks for the first book, my son is just captivated by the book and has picked up this interest in science, he joined the STEM group at the middle-school and when I took him to watch the movie Interstellar recently, he kept asking for the sequel to Quantum League.

36. Anonymous

/  November 20, 2014

My friends had to literally pull me away from the book! One of my many favorite books! Can’t wait for the second book!

37. sbb

/  November 21, 2014

Matt I really enjoyed the first book when I got it less then 24 hours ago and want to know maybe how long is the second book compared to the first book? and how many more books do you think are going to be added to the series?

/  December 1, 2014

I planned it out as a trilogy. The second book I’ve written is perhaps a bit darker, and uncovers more of the central mystery. I’m glad you enjoyed the first one!

38. Pam

/  December 1, 2014

Just wondering if you have an update on when the second quantum league book will be coming out. My son really enjoyed the first book and is driving me CRAZY!

39. Joshua

/  December 8, 2014

My brother got this book from a book fair and let me read it. IT IS THE BEST!!!!!!! The sequel cannot come out soon enough. It was amazing, and keep up the good work.

40. Jakob

/  December 8, 2014

This is one of the greatest books Ive read in a while! I hope the second one comes out soon because I can’t wait. Keep up the good work!!!! πŸ™‚

41. Reid

/  December 9, 2014

42. Reid

/  December 9, 2014

When’s the 2nd book coming out? I just finished the first and I absolutly loved it! It was one of the best books I’ve read in a long time!keep up the great work!

43. Reid

/  December 9, 2014

I loved the spell robbers book so much! Your one of my favourite authors now!keep up the wonderful writing!!!!!!!!!

44. Matthew When Are You Goanna Make A Movie For This Book?

45. When Are You Goanna Make A Movie For This Book?

46. Gideon

/  December 21, 2014

I NEED BOOK TWO I wanna see what happened to Ben and Peter and Sasha and also it took my friends 10min. To get me out and I was late for lunch it was worth it keep it up????????????????????????

47. Gideon

/  December 21, 2014

It was like reading Harry Potter for the like 6th time????????????????

48. Peter

/  December 26, 2014

Hi Matthew! You are the most brilliant author in history! I doubt that there will be a better author than you in the world! Please. I would like to know when the second book will be coming out. Did I hear something about the book coming in January 2015? I cant wait to find out what happened to Ben. I really enjoyed the book! Thanks! πŸ˜€

49. Matt

/  December 28, 2014

Great Book! Even my little sister loves it. She is dying to know when the next book is coming, and shes only 10 years old! When will book two come?

50. Allen

/  December 28, 2014

I saw the cover of the book, “The Arctic Code” it looks so cool. I can’t wait for it.\