Quantum League Book 1: Spell Robbers

quantum_league

>>> Update:Β I get a LOT of email and blog comments asking when the second book in the series will be out. I wish I had a definitive answer. I can tell you I’ve written the second book, and my publisher has it, but it’s up to them when it comes out. The best thing to do is to tell your local bookseller you’re ready for it and you want it. <<<

A “high-energy spy story.” – Kirkus

“Kirby infuses this action-packed spy thriller with layers of moral ambiguity… This first book in the Quantum League series provides satisfying partial closure, while intriguing storylines to be developed will leave readers eager for the next installment.” – Publishers Weekly

Synopsis:

After Ben Warner is recruited to join a “science camp” led by the eccentric quantum physicist Dr. Madeleine Hughes, he quickly realizes it’s no regular science camp. Along with his new friend, Peter, Ben discovers the secret, powerful art of Actuation–the ability to change reality by simply imagining it differently.

When a mysterious group of men invade Dr. Hughes’s laboratory, abducting her and stealing her precious equipment, Ben and Peter are suddenly caught up in a turf war between dangerous actuators desperate for Dr. Hughes’s innovative technology. And as Ben and Peter are pulled into a perilous, hidden world full of impossibilities now made possible, will their combined powers be enough to save Dr. Hughes and vanquish their enemies before it’s too late?

From Edgar Award-winning author Matthew J. Kirby comes a fast-paced, boldly imagined tale of friendship, deadly adventure, and the infinite power of imagination.

An totally awesome fan-made book trailer:

Leave one

406 Responses

1. Sorry thank you ????

2. Sorry thank you

3. Im on page 257 of “the arctic code” and it is so good I can’t stop reading it.
    I was also wondering if you have a update on the Quantum league #2. Keep up the writing;) :} :]

• Matthew

/  January 31, 2018

update on Quantum League 2 below! If you liked Arctic Code, there are two more books in that series for you to check out. πŸ™‚

4. spencer

/  December 13, 2016

duuuuude when will the next book come out I’ve read all your other books they are all pretty good but I’ve been waiting 2 years for the book to cmd out WHEN WILL IT COME OUT do you have any other books coming out soon?

5. spencer

/  December 13, 2016

oops did not mean to put cmd that was a typo i meant come

6. Don’t worry Spencer everyone has a falty in typing ????????

7. I was trying to put smile faces in but it came out as a ? it is weard πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

8. Are you going to make a movie because trest me it will go hipe. Try it and see:):):)

9. anonymous

/  December 15, 2016

awesome series when will next book come out

10. anonymous

/  December 15, 2016

awesome series when will next book come out?????

11. j dog

/  December 15, 2016

i was here

12. j dog

/  December 15, 2016

hahahhahahhahahha when will next book come out

13. Pleas answer

14. Is there anything you can do to get it faster so we could start reading soon:(:(:(

15. j dog

/  December 23, 2016

thats totally righteous bro

16. anonymous fools

/  December 23, 2016

when will next book come out

17. anonymous

/  December 27, 2016

thats totally righteous broseph

18. Oliver

/  January 5, 2017

Where is the Quantum League Book 2 at I’ve legit been waiting since I was in 4th grade Im nearing 7th now :/ though I due understand the lengthily processes of publishing a book I can’t believe how long it has been.. Your a great author Kirby keep up the great work who knows maybe Ill be the author to continue the Quantum legacy when I’m older πŸ˜‰ anyways I best be going now but I really hope you do see this comment; one of hundreds lost in the mass of writing. Seriously I said “bye” like 2 sentences ago I can go much to far into detail sometimes, danger your making yourself look like a fool… Adios and best of wishing to you and the Quantum Recruits…. – Signed Revilo D.
    p.s. what if u added Revilo as a character with new quantum abilities? πŸ™‚
    p.p.s. legit I need to chill with all this fan-writing

• I’ve been waiting since I was in 5th grade, now I’m close to Highschool. I know exactly how you feel. I actually thought he forgot that on the book he wrote, “Quantum League spell robbers *BOOK ONE*.” So I was thinking that he wasn’t gonna make another one then I came here just today and he reassured me that he is. I can’t wait!!!

• Mason Kemp

/  February 16, 2017

Im now in 7th grade as well, and have been waiting for the second book to come out since 4th grade. I have reread it like 100 times and i always end with, there has to be more!

• Matthew

/  January 31, 2018

Update on Quantum League 2 below!

19. Yes you do Oliver πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

20. Oliver

/  February 11, 2017

Sean what do you mean “yes you are”

21. Oliver

/  February 11, 2017

Does Kirby ever respond to his fans, if I had this many fans I’d at least try to talk to them all it would be really cool to meet people with similar interests… -Revilo ????

• Matthew

/  January 31, 2018

I try to respond to my fans, but it’s hard to keep up with my limited time. Thanks for stopping by! πŸ™‚

• Orion D

/  February 11, 2018

Seriously dude calm down, I was just thinking wow this author is so loyal to his fans and responds to so many comments, and then I saw this and I am like wow, did you even look at the rest of this forum/blog, he has responded more than any author i have ever seen.

22. Edwin

CANT WAIT FOR BOOK 2

26. Anonymous

/  June 1, 2017

It has been so long I have waited for book 2 to come out since 5th grade also

27. Nothing

28. Good job!!!

29. when is the quantom league coming out in movie?

30. The 1 and only me

/  July 7, 2017

I read this book in 3rd grade I’m going into seventh when will the next book come out I’ve been waiting 3 + years

• Matthew

/  January 31, 2018

I’m sorry you’ve been waiting so long. That wasn’t my plan, believe me. Update on Book 2 below.

31. Blank

/  July 18, 2017

Been waiting for the second book of Quantum League to come out since 2014. Please Matthew J. Kirby, get the second book out one way or another.

32. william

/  July 25, 2017

What lexia number is the book?
    Please reply

33. william

/  July 25, 2017

Please tell me the lexia number of the quantum leage

34. solomon chan

/  August 11, 2017

can you please release quantum league # 2 I checked online it didn’t come out not yet I just finished spell robbers

35. spencer

/  August 22, 2017

Its prob not gonna come out i give up this is my last post c ya

• Matthew

/  January 31, 2018

I hope it will come out. I’m working on making that happen, one way or another. Update below.

36. Noah

/  October 11, 2017

I just finished book 1 of The Quantum League and I really liked it like really really liked it. It was awesome. I just want to read book 2. I wonder when it will come out. Keep up the good work. I love your books. For a 30 minutes I searched up about actuation and stuff but its really not true. I also searched up about a movie for this book but sadly there isn’t. A movie for this book would be really GOOD! I just can’t wait to see if Ben finds a way to reattach him self and if he doesn’t what will he do. At the end I was surprised to read that he made a class 3 actuation. It really hyped me up. Hopefully the book comes out soon. I really want to read what happens next. Thank You for making this book Matthew J Kirby. I really love it.

• Matthew

/  January 31, 2018

You’re welcome! If you enjoyed Quantum League, you might enjoy some of my other books, like the Dark Gravity Sequence books, or my Assassin’s Creed series. πŸ™‚

37. Anonamous

/  November 9, 2017

does he ever respond. I have only read icefall and a REALLY want ro read more of his books

• Matthew

/  January 31, 2018

I replied below! πŸ™‚

And I have lots of books out there. I think there are twelve titles right now. Maybe one of them will interest you?

38. Anonamous

/  November 9, 2017

honestly i cant seem to be able to order them

39. Rin1

/  November 23, 2017

Do you have a new book coming out anytime soon?I LOVED your debut book The Clockwork Three.The quantum league is really good too.I may have an idea on what happens next.Can’t wait to FIND OUT!!!!!!
    P.S. I think you should writ more books to the Dark Gravity Sequence series

40. sori

/  November 23, 2017

i agree with Rin1.i love your books

41. I loved the book!!!

42. SB

/  January 4, 2018

i enjoyed spell robbers and really want to see another installment in the series

43. SB

/  January 4, 2018

Great book

44. Matthew

/  January 31, 2018

Hi, everyone!

I’m sorry I don’t have time to respond to every comment individually. I’m also sorry to say that I don’t have any news on a release date for Quantum League 2, HOWEVER, my agent has requested what we in the publishing business call a “rights reversion,” which basically means that the publisher has run out of time to do something with the manuscript, so I get it back. That means I can do something with it, myself. I’m not sure yet what that will look like. It’s been years since I wrote Quantum League 2 (it was mostly finished before the 1st Quantum League book even came out) so I’ll have to go back and take a look at it to see if I want to change anything after all this time. I’m sorry for those of you who’ve been waiting for so long. I really didn’t intend to leave you hanging that way. I planned this as a trilogy, but things didn’t happen the way I expected them to. Hopefully I’ll have another update soon.

Matt

• Amira

/  March 25, 2018

Thank you for the update! I’m still looking forward to reading book 2!

45. Steele D

/  February 11, 2018

I got Quantum League online, it was so compelling I literally read it in four hours, can’t wait for the next one and I have read all of the updates so I do understand it might be a wait especially if you are now planning on changing it yourself.

46. Elizabeth

/  February 12, 2018

My son really enjoyed your first book, Mr. Kirby. My son rates it ?????

47. Andrew

/  February 13, 2018

I love your book Mr.Kriby and I can’t wait for the next one. I have been waiting since 3rd grade and am nearing 7th. I wish you good luck with getting it published and can’t wait to read it.

48. Benjamin Winther

/  March 12, 2018

Dude I read the first in 6th grade and am still hype for the second (maybe because the main characters name in ben and he insanely cool but idk). Keep up the good work.

• Benjamin Winther

/  March 12, 2018

I’m in 9th grade now btw.

• Benjamin Winther

/  March 12, 2018

It’s that one book you see in your book shelf that never gets old and left such a Mic drop moment that even through 3 years I can’t wait

49. Shyanne gaspar

/  March 20, 2018

I just got it at the book fair….it seems good from the first two pages